Published on Jul 17, 2019
I had problems getting Codemirror to work properly in GetSimple. So this is a bit of a work around to Codemirror to work with CKEditor while using GetSimple CMS. This may not work with all versions of each, so here are the ones I've used
- GetSimple CMS version 3.3.15
- CKEditor version 4.5.9
- Codemirror version 1.17.8
Basicly the problem was GetSimple includes some libraries of Codemirror that conflict with the "CKEditor plugin Codemirror"
So here are the steps
- Using a clean install of GetSimple CMS version 3.3.15
- move "admin/template/js/codemirror" to "admin/template/js/codemirror.old"
- create the following empty files as placeholders, (it avoids some warnings)
- Download CKEditor-CodeMirror-Plugin.zip
- Unzip it in "admin/template/js/ckeditor/plugins/"
- Edit "admin/template/js/ckeditor/config.js"
- Find line that includes "var extraPlugins = new Array();"
- add the following line after "var extraPlugins = new Array();"
- Make sure you do a full reload of the page (Ctrl-Shift-R) or delete cached files for the site